Photo by Karlee K Photography
A St. Louis and Scottsdale Wedding Photographer, Missouri and Arizona
Available for Worldwide Travel
My interest in photography began with my first film camera when I was 7 years old. I used a whole roll of film on an exotic chipmunk at Yellowstone. When I was 15 my father gifted me a nice film camera from Costco. While in college my mom gave me a Kodak digital camera for Christmas, and I never put it down. When I got married I splurged on a DSLR with our wedding money – I always had been interested in the arts.Creating and appreciating the beauties in ordinary days of life is a simple pleasure of mine. Since getting a DSLR, I have been teaching myself photography and love studying culture through experience. Photography forces an artist to focus on the truth of that moment. I love hearing and witnessing the love stories God has written for couples and my hope is for others to enjoy my photos and see that which could be easily overlooked in the swift passing of time.I owe it to the world to mature as a photographer. Souls are changed when they see the story a good photographer captures and it is my heart’s desire is to tell vivid personal stories through my lens, while sharing love and truth with the subject of my art. I grew as a photographer the year I captured over 10,000 portraits in China, Southeast Asia, and America. I live with my husband Denny and 100 lb. German Shepherd, Arnold, love good coffee, Paleo, and enjoy Crossfit.
I’d be honored to capture your wedding, love story or family, so feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Contact” tab to find out more information.
Hooray for Maura (Ma-Ray)!
If you want a place to go that will make you swoon over love, learn about non-conformist living (mind, body and soul) or learn tips while planning your wedding, than April Maura is the place for you.
About This Site:
Want a photographer? I specialize in natural light wedding and engagement photography. My heart’s desire is to tell personal stories through my lens, while sharing love and truth with the subject of my art.
Want to learn about fostering a healthy marriage? The big WHY on why I photograph weddings…I love marriage! The whole purpose of life is to love and the idea that God created a beautiful union of marriage for us to enjoy is beautiful. The details and story line of how a man and woman fall in love and that love stories are individually written for each couple is incredible! Not only is the love story of the couple falling in love divine but the after the wedding day, the everyday commitments and actions of showing their spouse love. Learn more about the Marriage Series Author.
Want to see the process of learning photography? You will see my evolution as a photographer with my 2013 Photography project: 10,000 Smiles.
Want to see what it’s like to live overseas? I wrote about the adventures my husband and I experienced living in China for a year. We also traveled to Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
Find My 8 Most Popular Weddings of 2016 Below:
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North Wedding: Tim + Alanna
- Royal Palms Resort and Spa Wedding: Chris and Blankita
- Secret Garden Events Wedding: Brent + Kayla
Find My 3 Favorite Arizona Wedding Tips Below:
- How to Start Your Wedding Ceremony on Time
- The Second Must Have Portraits on Your Wedding Day: Grandparents
- Make Sure to Plan Enough Time for Couple Portraits
- Why Brides Should Have a First Look with Her Father
Favorite Marriage Series Posts:
- Searching for the Secret of Marriage
- Receiving Gifts and Physical Touch (The Love Language Series)
- Final Thoughts on The Meaning of Marriage (Blog Post Series)
- Your Bond of Trust (Trust Questionnaire included)
If you are still wanting to know more:
8 Random Things About Me:
1. I got the travel bug when I went to France and Spain the summer I was 12 years old.
2. I love Paleo chocolate chip cookies. My favorite are these fresh Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
4. I have been married to my husband Denny since May 22, 2010. We met at a summer camp called Tonto Rim Christian camp.
5. I have a bachelor’s in Elementary Education with an endorsement of English as a Second Language from Arizona State University.
7. I found God when I was 12 years old and started walking in a grace centered life the summer after my freshman year of college.
The inspiration behind the photography
10,000 Smiles Project
Denny and I lived in China and taught English for a year for Kings English for Kids. It was during that year that I had more free time to pursue my passions, photographing being one of them. My photography grew a lot in that year, thanks to my 10,000 Smiles Project.